The holidays are right around the corner, and while it is a happy time of the year, it can also be stressful. Between shopping, festivities, work, and parties, you’ll definitely have to prioritize and plan ahead. It’s easy to let the housecleaning slip, but it’s essential that you do a quick purge throughout your home to make way for all the new things coming in post-holiday. Getting ready for the holidays has never been easier with our tips. Read on to get organized!
Easy Tips for Getting Ready for the Holidays
Making Room for More
- Start with toys and toss broken, unused or unwanted ones
- Clean out closets and drawers for the entire family
- Check out the coat closets and remove any items that no longer fit
- Toss old, rundown, and mismatched kitchenware
- Organize your pantry and dispose of outdated items
- Clean your refrigerator and freezer to make way for those inevitable holiday treats
- Discreetly toss school papers and other art
- Recycle books
- Replace pet toys and blankets that have seen better days
- Declutter your garage
Don’t forget to donate items that are still in decent condition or hardly used. The holidays can be a tough time for many families, so if you can donate these gently used items for someone else to enjoy or use, it can bring much joy. Make sure you reach out to the donation center of your choice beforehand to ensure they are still accepting donations and to see what items they can’t take due to the pandemic. Remember that some charities will even do a home pick-up, so be sure to plan ahead.
Disposing of Junk
For those items that can’t be donated, we can help! With several sizes of dumpster rentals to choose from, we have one that is sure to fit your needs. Plus, every of our dumpster rentals has double doors in the back for easy loading, making removing these items from your home a cinch! Visit us at www.tampabtdt.com to learn more or call us at 727-475-1080, and one of our dumpster consultants will gladly recommend the best size dumpster for your project.