Did you know that there are hundreds of thousands of types of mold? Even scientists aren’t certain on the amount of various species which exist both indoors and outdoors. If you have recently encountered an issue with moisture, whether it be from a flood due to severe weather or a broken hot water heater, your home could be at risk for mold contamination. But mold clean up doesn’t have to be overwhelming.
Mold Clean Up
Per the Center for Disease Control, you can follow these 8 tips for mold clean up:
- Protect yourself with the use of gloves, goggles and breathing masks
- Toss out anything that was wet with flood water which can’t be completely dried in 24-48 hours
- Air out the area by opening doors and windows
- When electricity is safe to use, fans and dehumidifiers can circulate the air to remove moisture
- Clean affected areas with cleaning products being sure not mix chemicals and creating a toxic vapor
- After scrubbing surfaces using water and detergents, be sure to dry the area quickly
- Paint and caulk will not prevent mold from growing so it is important to clean up the mold beforehand
- Dry your home and everything affected as quickly as possible
Disposing of Contaminated Materials
At Bin There Dump That Tampa Bay, we understand that dealing with a mold issue can be a time consuming and stressful process. In the unfortunate event that you might need to dispose of items contaminated with mold, our friendly dumpster consultants are available to assist you with selecting the right size dumpster. We offer exceptional same day or next day service and have a wide variety of dumpster rental sizes from which you can choose. Please book a dumpster online or call us at 727-475-1080 where one of our knowledgeable dumpster consultants is able to assist in the dumpster rental process.